2

One World.

Posted by Sw33t_Angel on 1:40 PM



When I think about the suffering in the world, it makes me feel so selfish when I complain about the small things in my life. Complain that I have to get up early and go to a well paying job that I might not always enjoy, only to come home and be irritated that I have a headache, or that my day didn't go well. I feel sorry for those in Haiti who have lost everything, and even those who have lost their own lives. Do everything you can to help, regardless if where or how people are suffering, we have to remember that we are all connected, and breathe the same air, and hearts that beat the same. It is sad that it took a tragedy like Haiti, to remember to help our fellow man. 

The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"
Martin Luther King, Jr.

We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Ronald Reagan  
 

http://www.redcross.org/

2 Comments


I know what you are saying here Amber. I hate to see the suffering that is taking place in Haiti and beyond. At SHS, we are coordinating some fundraising efforts. Our school already helps fund a school in Haiti and what has happened has made the need even greater. I watched Hope for Haiti Now the other night and it was a very humbling moment for me.


I think it is a wake up call to the life that we are called to live. We live not for ourselves. We live in community with the world. Today we have real time access to the rest of the world and their problems. We live to make a better world for the students we inspire. To live only for ourselves, we quite life.

Thanks for such inspiration!

Copyright © 2009 The Sw33t Life All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.