3

Charleston Home Sweet Home

Posted by Sw33t_Angel on 7:35 PM


I am blogging from the historic streets of downtown Charleston, SC. This city is just flooded with history, it is surreal to walk up and down the streets, and with so much to do! It is so beautiful here and everything I want in a city, even despite the rainy and cold forecast for this weekend. I am still enjoying every minute of it. It has the hussle and bussle of a big city, but with southern charm and hospitality. I love just being able to park at the battery and walk and explore the city streets for miles with no real destination to go to.

There are a few things I have taken on lately that I would like to mention that make exploring this city that much better:
      * Gowalla-http://gowalla.com/ (A virtual passport, which allows you to check in and create places using your mobile device, it is extremely addicting and interesting to see where other people are!)


     * Geocaching-http://www.geocaching.com/ ( A world-wide GPS driven scavenger hunt providing clues to find "geocaches" small capsules left by others, and leaving marks of your own)



I love this city. <3
 

3 Comments


I love Charleston, too. Anytime my wife and I want to get away for weekend or a few days, we go to Charleston. We cannot get enough. And with my job with Berkeley County, I get work with some of the historical organizations like Charleston Museum, Charleston Magazine Museum, Historic Charleston Foundation, and more.

Are you a geo-cacher? I attended a geo cashing workshop last spring and loved it. Have not done it since but one day I will.

Bill


What a great place to be to do a little blogging and visiting. There has to be sooo many stories walking through that city now and throughout the years. I had a student that did the geo-cacher and loved it. It was something that she and her father bonded with and spent time doing. I wonder if there is a group in the Myrtle Beach area that participates or is it soemthing that you do individually?


You can actually GEO-Cache anywhere, I think there are several spots in Myrtle Beach that have them, it is just more convenient in Charleston cause you can walk to more of them, and they can be more hidden, but I know of several spots in Surfside that I have been meaning to try to find!

Copyright © 2009 The Sw33t Life All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.