0

Groundhog Day.......

Posted by Sw33t_Angel on 6:11 PM
Ever feel like you are in a constant replay of your daily life and routines? Each day runs together in a blur... you wake up Monday and go to sleep and it's Monday again. Where does the time go? Sometimes, where does it go so SLOWLY??


March is a rough month, the students are ready for a much needed break (we are too!), PASS looms and will soon rear its ugly head, the weather can't make up its mind, every virus known to man is circling in the air ducts, and we are "springing" ahead and losing a precious hour of sleep only to gain a much needed hour in the day.

I found myself in a rut aplenty, not only this month but previous months as well, and I have been trying to dig myself out of some holes that seem to be caving in. I have been clinging to the weekends for dear life and trying to accomplish some sense of normalcy. I find spending time with my family and friends really brings out the "inner" me that I sometimes feel I keep hidden away for whatever reason propositions itself.

I think the Olympics although a joyous time for the world and a great inspiration for our country's youth, I can't help but be a little put off at the great skills and accomplishments of those I now find myself older than. I can't help but imagine if my life had turned out differently where would I be? Would I be standing on a podium with a gold medal (hahaha... not unless the sport is reading or games) or would I be sitting in a NY loft writing for a magazine?


I feel like self reflection is sometimes what you need to take a step back and analyze what you sometimes try to ignore. I think justifying your choices and being content with where you are in life sometimes has to be reminded, when putting your life in perspective you have to take in to consideration both the positive and negative aspects and learn from those "mistakes" and how to better yourself as a person, both on the inside and outside.

I do enjoy looking forward to special days and "out of the ordinary" occasions that make you feel special, they are the days that make you truly appreciate how great life can be. <3

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 The Sw33t Life All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.