2

Digital Just Got A Little Easier!

Posted by Sw33t_Angel on 7:58 PM

Thanks to Bill's suggestion on diigo, I have been messing around with a neat tool called Symbaloo. (symbaloo.com/us)

I am loving all the tools we are using, but at times I feel so bogged down trying to remember which websites to go to and which google.doc was that assignment in, so I thought this web tool is PERFECT. I went ahead and took the liberty of making a "desktop" specifically for our class, which includes all of the links we use and I will monitor and add as we continue on with the course. Feel free to use it, as I have shared it publicly!




On a professional note, I cannot express how great it is to be able to vent and talk to your peers and collaborative teams every once and while, I think at times if not for our personal lives and our relationships with fellow teachers we would all jump out the window, or pull out our graying hair before October even rolls around. The students are getting restless and next Monday will be March 1st (already!) and Spring Break is in the air. Around the corner is PASS Writing, Spring MAP, and S.S. Benchmark. I often wonder if students associate the only use of technology of sitting in a computer lab to complete standardized testing... for some schools it is.. (SCARY!).  I have never felt so overwhelmed with testing and scores and meeting this standard and doing this percentage, I sometimes have to sit back from my stress and take my students into account, if this is so much pressure on me, I can't imagine how the students must feel... is there ever a point of over-testing? If so, have we already reached that point? If not how much longer until we do?

2 Comments


Amber, you are amazing! Your page is so cool, and I am very jealous. :) Thanks for posting this. I have felt this way all week and was becoming very frustrated because my kids and their learning should always come first.

Copyright © 2009 The Sw33t Life All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.